POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : High turbulence : High turbulence Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  High turbulence
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 6 May 2002 09:38:34
Message: <3cd6875a@news.povray.org>
RC3, SuSE Linux 7.3, P3 600, 128MB RAM

When I use values for turbulence above 2^31 (2 billions), white areas
appear. The bigger the values the bigger the areas. The following scene
shows the 'problem':

camera{orthographic location z * -10 look_at 0 right x * 8 up y * 6}
plane
   {
   -z, 0
   pigment
      {
      checker color rgb 1 color rgb 0
      warp
         {
         turbulence 10000000000
         }
      }
   finish{ambient 1}
   }

I don't know if it's possible or even worth to fix it, but such high
values could perhaps be used for some noise in only one direction.
Maybe using some floating point type instead of int would solve the
problem and be also more accurate.
--
Felix Wiemann